Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice' Australia as Coach
He replaces Keith Urban, who has joined "American Idol," for next year's second season of the country's top-rated TV show.
Ricky Martin will join the Australian edition of The Voice as a coach for the music competition show's second season.
The first season of the show on the Nine network became the country's top-rated TV show. Martin replaces Keith Urban who left the show to take on his new role on American Idol.
Martin will join the Australian version of The Voice alongside coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem for the 2013 season.
The Latino star, known for such hits as "Livin' la Vida Loca," has sold more than 60 million albums globally.
Some fans immediately congratulated Martin via Twitter. "Sending some mad love to everyone in #Australia!" he tweeted in response. "Cant wait to go back! Peace!"
“Ricky Martin is one of the world’s biggest stars," said Nine’s director of television, Michael Healy. "He brings huge experience to our panel of coaches, which he’ll pass on to our Australian Voice artists in 2013. Most of all, we think he’s the perfect addition."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP