Ricky Martin, Kristin Chenoweth to Be Honored at GLAAD Awards
Andy Cohen, Bravo's exec vp of original programming and host of "Watch What Happens: Live," will host the NYC show.
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be honored at the 22nd annual GLAAD Awards, the organization announced Wednesday.
Martin will receive the Vito Russo Award at the New York award ceremony on March 19, and Chenoweth will be given the Vanguard Award at the L.A. event on April 10.
Andy Cohen, Bravo's executive vice president of original programming and host of Watch What Happens: Live will host the NYC awards show.
"Ricky coming out was a game changer for many gay and transgender Latino children, who for too long, did not have many out gay people to look up to," said GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios in a statement. "Through his music, videos and interviews, Ricky has sent an important message that our community wants the same things all people do: an equal chance to raise our families and take care of our loved ones."
"When allies like Kristin take such powerful stands against anti-gay sentiments in the media, it sends an important message of equality," added Barrios. "It is a privilege to honor such a talented and conscientious advocate for fairness towards the LGBT community."
Read the full press release after the jump.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR