Ridley Scott Partners With Machinima to Develop Episodic Sci-Fi Content
Initially, 12 shorts will be produced for the Machinima network.
Ridley Scott, with his commercial production company Ridley Scott and Associates, has partnered with Machinima to produce 12 sci-fi shorts for the Machinima video entertainment network, with a goal of further developing the most successful shorts.
“We believe new sci-fi [episodic] franchises will be born,” Allen DeBevoise, chairman, co-founder and CEO at Machinima, said in a statement.
Scott will serve as executive producer with RSA president Jules Daly.
Filmmakers from the RSA roster will direct. That roster of more than 80 includes Kathryn Bigelow, Martin Scorsese, Sam Mendes and Joe Carnahan.
Machinima counts an estimated 2.6 billion video views per month and 262 million viewers monthly. The network features scripted series, original content, weekly and daily shows and games aimed at the 18-34 male demographic.
"With new media transforming the way audiences connect with films and filmmakers, Machinima is a great partner for us as we embark on this new model of delivering original content to fans," Scott said in a statement. "It's a tremendous opportunity for pushing the creative boundaries for both our filmmakers and the audience."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR