Rights to the Patty Schemel Doc 'Hit So Hard' Go to Well Go USA
The distributor will partner with Variance Films to release the feature in 2012.
Well Go USA is partnering with Variance Films to release Hit So Hard, a documentary about Patty Schemel, the drummer in Courtney Love’s rock band Hole, in major markets in early 2012.
Directed by P. David Ebersole, the film weaves together Schemel’s Hi8 videos with contemporary interviews with her, her bandmates and other musicians. It was produced by Todd Hughes and Christina Soletti.
Well Go has licensed all North American rights, except pay TV in Canada, to the feature, which had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival earlier this year.
“Hit So Hard is simply riveting. It captures an amazing and influential period in our musical history, as well as icons like Cobain, Love and Schemel who contributed so much to the music scene,” Doris Pfardrescher, president Well Go USA Entertainment, said.
The deal was negotiated by Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content on behalf of the filmmakers, and by Pfardrescher. The filmmakers are also repped by APA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR