Rihanna Responds to Coachella Drug Controversy, Praises Bob Marley
"I'm crazy, and I don't pretend to be anything else," the singer declares in a defiant tweet.
Photos of Rihanna appearing to roll a marijuana blunt at the Coachella Music Festival over the weekend have sparked online criticism of the R&B star -- but she has some strong words for the haters.
"Yikes. @Rihanna's marijuana photos from Coachella spark controversy," MTV wrote on its Twitter account on Thursday afternoon, posting shots from the singer's Instagram feed and drawing a barbed response from Rihanna herself.
"@MTV Yikes… @rihanna ran out of f***s to give," she tweeted back.
MTV has since deleted its tweet, though the story remains posted.
"I'm crazy, and I don't pretend to be anything else," Rihanna tweeted on Tuesday, in response to fans concerned by the photos.
Perhaps she was drawing inspiration from past artists: on Wednesday, Rihanna took to her Twitter page to advise fans to see the new Bob Marley documentary, "Marley."
"Bob Marley is my HERO #thatisall," she added, of the noted reggae icon and marijuana aficionado.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack