Rihanna Among Nominees for Best Worldwide Act Award at MTV EMAs
The annual European Music Awards will air next month from Frankfurt, Germany.
LONDON – The final five nominees vying for the honor of best Worldwide Act at the upcoming MTV European Music Awards are Rihanna, who will represent North America, Dima Bilan, representing Europe, Han Geng from Asia, Ahmed Soultan who reps Africa/India/Middle East and Restart from Latin America.
For the past six weeks, MTV has given fans around the world a chance to vote for their favorite artists from their region. More than 160 artists from every corner of the world have been in the MTV EMA spotlight as part of the Worldwide Act voting competition.
The five final artists will go head to head in one last round of voting in the Worldwide Act category, which celebrates the range and breadth of all the music that MTV has to offer across the globe.
The MTV EMAs 2012 will be hosted by supermodel and TV presenter Heidi Klum and air live from Frankfurt’s Festhalle on Nov. 11 on MTV channels around the world.
The show will include performances from Taylor Swift, Muse, No Doubt, Carly Rae Jepsen, fun., Rita Ora, Alicia Keys, Pitbull, The Killers and Psy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR