Rihanna Hospitalized in Sweden, Cancels Show
The singer tweeted an apology to her fans in Malmo, but is expected to resume performances on Nov. 1.
Rihanna is down for the count, but recovering in a Swedish hospital.
The singer tweeted her apologies to fans in Malmo, Sweden, where she was forced to cancel a performance on Oct. 31. “Sorry Malmo!” she wrote, attaching a photograph of an IV drip inserted into her forearm -- the perfect Halloween accessory.
Rihanna's rep tells The Hollywood Reporter that only one show has been cancelled, and the singer is expected to resume performances on Nov. 1 in Stockholm. The pop star released her own statement, blaming the flu for her hospital visit.
“I am so sorry to everyone who was coming out to my show in Malmo Sweden. I was so excited to perform for you all,” she wrote. “It would have been a great time… so much better than being sick with the flu, ugh! I’m really disappointed I couldn’t be there.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!