Rihanna Hospitalized in Sweden, Cancels Show
The singer tweeted an apology to her fans in Malmo, but is expected to resume performances on Nov. 1.
Rihanna is down for the count, but recovering in a Swedish hospital.
The singer tweeted her apologies to fans in Malmo, Sweden, where she was forced to cancel a performance on Oct. 31. “Sorry Malmo!” she wrote, attaching a photograph of an IV drip inserted into her forearm -- the perfect Halloween accessory.
Rihanna's rep tells The Hollywood Reporter that only one show has been cancelled, and the singer is expected to resume performances on Nov. 1 in Stockholm. The pop star released her own statement, blaming the flu for her hospital visit.
“I am so sorry to everyone who was coming out to my show in Malmo Sweden. I was so excited to perform for you all,” she wrote. “It would have been a great time… so much better than being sick with the flu, ugh! I’m really disappointed I couldn’t be there.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott