Rihanna To Make TV Debut With British Fashion Talent Hunt Show
The singer will produce and occasionally appear in the as-yet untitled Sky Living show, which will put wannabe fashion designers through their paces.
LONDON – Rihanna is making her TV debut producing and appearing in a new fashion project for Sky Living later this year. The singer and style queen will take the role of executive producer, working mostly behind the scenes, but will appear occasionally in the 10-part series that will be hosted by Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts.
The multiple Grammy award winner will help shape the show that will search Britain for the next generation of raw fashion talent who will be challenged with creating outfits for a string of musicians and celebrities during the course of the series.
The winner will design an outfit for Rihanna to wear when she performs at the Wireless Festival in London in July.
The show is being developed for Sky by Warner Bros.- owned Twenty Twenty Productions, which is part of the Shed Media group the studio acquired last year.
“I have been very fortunate to work with some truly amazing designers and stylists throughout my career, and they have been instrumental in making sure my creative vision reaches the stage,” said Rihanna in a statement. “I am excited to follow the journey of our aspiring contestants and see how their individuality influences their efforts during the course of the show."
The series is part of Sky's commitment to increase its investment in original British content by 50 percent over the next three years.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!