Rihanna, Nicki Minaj Lead American Music Awards Nominations; New EDM Category Announced
Christina Aguilera announced the contenders on Tuesday morning, while also revealing that she will perform at the Nov. 18 show.
Christina Aguilera was on hand to reveal the nominees for the 2012 American Music Awards Tuesday morning, and the Voice coach had her own announcement as well: she'll be performing on the show, which will broadcast live from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre on ABC Nov. 18.
Leading the pack: Nicki Minaj and Rihanna, both with four nominations, while not far behind are Drake, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, One Direction and Usher with three each. Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, fun., Gotye, J.Cole, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Luke Bryan, and Pitbull saw two noms respectively.
Also announced: a new category for Electronic Dance Music, which includes nominees David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Skrillex.
Lance Bass will return to the show once again to host the Coca-Cola Red Carpet LIVE! online pre-show, where he will be joined by Kimberly Cole, Brad Goreski and Tristan Wilds. Additional hosts will be announced in the coming months, as well as presenters and performers for the actual ceremony.
Fans can vote for the winners beginning Tuesday at amavote.com, as well as AMA.abc.com.
Find a complete list of nominees on the next page.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR