Rihanna, Nicki Minaj Lead American Music Awards Nominations; New EDM Category Announced
Christina Aguilera announced the contenders on Tuesday morning, while also revealing that she will perform at the Nov. 18 show.
Christina Aguilera was on hand to reveal the nominees for the 2012 American Music Awards Tuesday morning, and the Voice coach had her own announcement as well: she'll be performing on the show, which will broadcast live from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre on ABC Nov. 18.
Leading the pack: Nicki Minaj and Rihanna, both with four nominations, while not far behind are Drake, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, One Direction and Usher with three each. Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, fun., Gotye, J.Cole, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Luke Bryan, and Pitbull saw two noms respectively.
Also announced: a new category for Electronic Dance Music, which includes nominees David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Skrillex.
Lance Bass will return to the show once again to host the Coca-Cola Red Carpet LIVE! online pre-show, where he will be joined by Kimberly Cole, Brad Goreski and Tristan Wilds. Additional hosts will be announced in the coming months, as well as presenters and performers for the actual ceremony.
Fans can vote for the winners beginning Tuesday at amavote.com, as well as AMA.abc.com.
Find a complete list of nominees on the next page.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR