Rihanna Vows to Make Grammy Performance Despite Illness
The under-the-weather singer Tweets she's on ‘every med under the sun’ in advance of her anticipated performance tonight with Drake.
R&B singer Rihanna is recuperating in advance of her anticipated Grammy Awards performance Sunday, but some are wondering what kind of shape she’ll be in after it was revealed the singer is sick and on medication.
“I’m on every med under the sun,” she Tweeted Saturday, adding she didn’t want to miss tonight's ceremony.
The singer did make Grammy rehearsals, but it’s not known how her illness will affect her vocal range today, if at all.
Rihanna called in sick for a previously scheduled charity concert on Thursday, but it’s doubtful the singer will miss this year’s Grammy Awards, as she did in 2009 after an infamous assault by Chris Brown after a pre-Grammy party.
The singer looked in excellent spirits at the RocNation Gucci brunch at Soho House Saturday afternoon where she was mingling with the likes of Will Smith, Chris Rock and Florence Welch.
The Barbados-born artist enjoyed a successful 2010, topping the charts with both “Only Girl in the World,” and “What’s My Name,” which she is set to perform tonight with Drake on stage in a racy, choreographed segment (she is also rumored to be performing a duet with Eminem).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR