Rihanna's 'We Found Love' Music Video References Chris Brown (Video)
The singer's latest clip includes a tragic love-affair, touching on substance abuse and domestic violence issues.
Rihanna debuted her latest music video, "We Found Love," on Wednesday, Oct. 19. The tragic love story includes passionate highs and devastating lows, drawing presumed similarities to her ill-fated relationship with singer Chris Brown.
"I saw you screaming and no one can hear. You always feel ashamed that someone could be that important that without them you feel nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts," a voiceover reads as the clip is introduced. The music video features Rihanna in a passionate relationship with a young male, played by Dudley O’Shaughnessy, donning short blonde hair not unlike Brown's latest 'do.
"You feel hopeless, but nothing can save you. And when it's over, then it's gone. You almost wish that you could have that bad stuff back so that you can have the good," the voice continues.
With a bolt of lightning, scenes of the couple making out, arguing and making up are interspersed with clips of Rihanna dancing and singing along to the tune. Calvin Harris also appears briefly in the video.
Rihanna, not one to shy away from controversial videos, explores the dark world of substance abuse in the video, as she and her love interest are seen partying, doing drugs, attending raves and drinking beer. At one point, the duo is seen arguing in the front seat of a car before Rihanna exits the vehicle in a rage. The singer is also seen laying on a sidewalk, seemingly unconscious, as police sirens approach. In the final scene, the couple engages in a knock-down-drag-out fight, after which Rihanna exits the room and slams the door behind her.
In 2009, Brown was charged with felony assault and making criminal threats after a heated argument with then-girlfriend Rihanna, in which she sustained serious facial injuries.
Shot in Belfast, Ireland, the nearly five-minute clip was directed by Melina Matsoukas, who also helmed Rihanna’s “Hard,” “S&M,” “Rude Boy” and “Rockstar 101” videos. Watch the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'