Rihanna's 'Cheers' Video Has a Celebratory Vibe (Video)
Jay-Z, Kanye West and Avril Lavigne also appear in the concert-montage.
Rihanna premiered a celebratory music video for her song “Cheers (Drink to That)," on Friday.
The video shows a behind-the-scenes look at Rihanna’s life, from her concert experiences to her vacations and every day life. According to the video, this is a woman who goes from performing in front of a crowd of thousands to drinking a coconut on the side of the road.
Avril Lavigne, whose vocals from “I’m With You” were sampled for the “yeah, yeah” in the song, makes a cameo in the video. Kanye West and Jay-Z also appear in the video performing with Rihanna on stage.
“Life’s too short to be sitting around miserable/ People gonna talk whether you doing bad or good, yeah” go the lyrics.
Many aspects of Rihanna’s life are shows in the video for “Cheers,” which is off her 2010 Loud album. She has numerous costume changed for her concert clips, and in one scene Rihanna is on a vacation while a gang of paparazzi hover nearby, their cameras clicking.
The singer can also be seen raising a glad to her audience, probably thanking them for their support with her own personal “cheers.”
Rihanna is set to debut her music video for "Fly" with Nicki Minaj during the pre-show for Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR