Rihanna's 'Cheers' Video Has a Celebratory Vibe (Video)
Jay-Z, Kanye West and Avril Lavigne also appear in the concert-montage.
Rihanna premiered a celebratory music video for her song “Cheers (Drink to That)," on Friday.
The video shows a behind-the-scenes look at Rihanna’s life, from her concert experiences to her vacations and every day life. According to the video, this is a woman who goes from performing in front of a crowd of thousands to drinking a coconut on the side of the road.
Avril Lavigne, whose vocals from “I’m With You” were sampled for the “yeah, yeah” in the song, makes a cameo in the video. Kanye West and Jay-Z also appear in the video performing with Rihanna on stage.
“Life’s too short to be sitting around miserable/ People gonna talk whether you doing bad or good, yeah” go the lyrics.
Many aspects of Rihanna’s life are shows in the video for “Cheers,” which is off her 2010 Loud album. She has numerous costume changed for her concert clips, and in one scene Rihanna is on a vacation while a gang of paparazzi hover nearby, their cameras clicking.
The singer can also be seen raising a glad to her audience, probably thanking them for their support with her own personal “cheers.”
Rihanna is set to debut her music video for "Fly" with Nicki Minaj during the pre-show for Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!