'The Ring' Character Throws First Pitch at Japanese Baseball Games to Promote New Film (Video)
An actress portraying the Sadako character from the seminal “Ring” horror movies promoted the latest release in the series, which opens this week.
TOKYO – An actress portraying Sadako, the character from Japanese horror film franchise The Ring known for her distinctive long hair covering her face, threw the opening pitch at a baseball game in Japan this weekend as part of the promotion for upcoming release Sadako 3D 2.
To start off the Chunichi Dragons vs. Hanshin Tigers pro baseball game at the Nagoya Dome, she threw a pitch a respectable 68 mph (110 kph).
The Sadako character from The Ring, with three mini-Sadakos accompanying her, collapsed after throwing the pitch and was stretchered off. Later the same afternoon, she repeated the performance at the Seibu Dome in Saitama for the Seibu Lions v Fukuoka Softbank Hawks game.
The original Ringu (1998) was directed by Hideo Nakata and spawned two U.S. remakes starring Naomi Watts.
Sadako 3D 2 will be released on Friday in Japan by Kadokawa Pictures.
Watch the opening pitches by Sadako below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!