'Rio' Tops Home Video Charts for Fourth Consecutive Week
"NCIS: The Eighth Season" debuts at No. 2.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s Rio was the top-selling disc for the fourth consecutive week. It's the first title since last year’s Avatar, also from Fox, to spend an entire month at No. 1.
The animated family feature, which earned more than $143 million at the box office, coasted to an easy victory on the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart for the week ending Aug. 28, with challenger NCIS: The Eighth Season, from Paramount, debuting at No. 2 with 63% as many unit sales.
Three other new releases made it into the top 10: Walt Disney Studios’ Phineas and Ferb: The Movie and Bambi II, which bowed at No. 6 and No. 8, respectively, and Millennium Entertainment’s Blitz (No. 10), a British crime thriller.
Rio also regained the No. 1 spot on Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart after being dispatched to No. 2 the previous week by Sony Pictures’ Priest, which this week traded places. Bambi II debuted at No. 4, right behind Universal Studios' The Big Lebowski, which remained perched at No. 3 its second week in stores.
On Home Media Magazine’s rental chart for the week, Limitless, from 20th Century Fox, and Priest retained the No. 1 and No. 2 spots, respectively. Blitz debuted at No. 8.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game