The Rise of an Elvis Scion
The King was her grandpa. Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage were stepdads. Now, actress Riley Keough is starting to shake, rattle and roll through Hollywood as she plays a stripper for Soderbergh in "Magic Mike."
As Elvis's granddaughter and Michael Jackson's stepchild, Riley Keough has lived in an improbable celebrity vortex for all her 22 years. She's been asked every Elvis question and shyly confesses that the most annoying ones have to do with "people thinking I was alive when he was alive," since Keough was born 12 years after he died. Regarding the eccentric Jackson, who married her mother, Lisa Marie, in 1994, Keough says she mainly knew him as the stepdad who went swimming with her, dropped her off at school and indulged her candy fixes at Neverland from the time she was 6 till she was 11. A few years after divorcing Jackson, her mother wed Oscar-winning professional firebrand Nicolas Cage, which barely registered on the infamy scale with a teenaged Keough, long since inured to the tabloid gold mine that was her family.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR