The Risk of Reviving the Muppets
6:00 AM PDT 10/18/2011 by Kim Masters
Fozzie Bear invents fart shoes and Kermit lives in a mansion as purists fret over Disney's relaunch of a beloved franchise in need of a makeover.
We're trying to get the old gang back together again!" says a voice that unmistakably belongs to Kermit the Frog, in one of the many Muppets trailers the Disney marketing machine has lobbed onto the web in recent weeks.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR