RNC Boots 2 Attendees for Racist Taunts at CNN Camera Operator
The individuals had thrown peanuts at the African-American camera operator and yelled, "This is how we feed animals."
An ugly incident on the floor of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday led to the ejection of two attendees of the quadrennial party gathering.
The ejected were caught throwing peanuts and yelling "This is how we feed animals" at an African-American CNN camera operator, the RNC and cable network confirmed.
"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior," the party said in a statement. "Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."
The incident came on the same day the party worked to reach out to both minorities and women by featuring speakers such as South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, an Indian-American woman; former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis, an African-American; and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'