RNC Boots 2 Attendees for Racist Taunts at CNN Camera Operator
The individuals had thrown peanuts at the African-American camera operator and yelled, "This is how we feed animals."
An ugly incident on the floor of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday led to the ejection of two attendees of the quadrennial party gathering.
The ejected were caught throwing peanuts and yelling "This is how we feed animals" at an African-American CNN camera operator, the RNC and cable network confirmed.
"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior," the party said in a statement. "Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."
The incident came on the same day the party worked to reach out to both minorities and women by featuring speakers such as South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, an Indian-American woman; former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis, an African-American; and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR