RNC Boots 2 Attendees for Racist Taunts at CNN Camera Operator
The individuals had thrown peanuts at the African-American camera operator and yelled, "This is how we feed animals."
An ugly incident on the floor of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday led to the ejection of two attendees of the quadrennial party gathering.
The ejected were caught throwing peanuts and yelling "This is how we feed animals" at an African-American CNN camera operator, the RNC and cable network confirmed.
"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior," the party said in a statement. "Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."
The incident came on the same day the party worked to reach out to both minorities and women by featuring speakers such as South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, an Indian-American woman; former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis, an African-American; and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"