Rob Lowe Inks Deal for Second Book
"Love Life," the follow-up to this year's bestseller "Stories I Only Tell My Friends," to focus on life, love, and family.
Simon & Schuster has acquired Love Life, the second book from Parks and Recreation actor Rob Lowe, for publication in 2013. The book will explore Lowe’s views on everything from sex to marriage to money to fatherhood.
The book is a follow-up to this year’s well-reviewed memoir, Stories I Only Tell My Friends, which spent 17 weeks on The New York Times bestseller list and made several year-end “best of” lists.
Lowe said in a statement, “I’m hoping readers will think of the first book as a restaurant where they ate a good meal, and that they’ll want to come back and try a new dish."
Simon & Schuster publisher Jonathan Karp expressed enthusiasm for Lowe’s new project. “The first book proved that Rob Lowe is a great storyteller. The second book will prove that he can write about anything and continue to captivate readers.”
Lowe is repped by Jennifer Rudolph Walsh of William Morris Endeavor and Jon Liebman of Brillstein Entertainment Partners. S&S acquired the book at auction.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR