Rob Lowe exiting 'Brothers & Sisters'
Played Robert McCallister on ABC drama for four seasons
Rob Lowe is leaving another drama series after four seasons.
Lowe will depart ABC’s family drama "Brothers & Sisters," the network confirmed.
Lowe joined “Brothers & Sisters” shortly after the start of the series in the fall of 2006 as a recurring and was quickly promoted to regular, playing Sen. Robert McCallister.
While he has played a key role in several story lines on the show, mostly through his romantic relationship with Kitty (Calista Flockhart), McCallister has never risen to the level of prominence of the Walker family members, who are at the center of the show.
The exit, first reported on deadline.com, is not as dramatic as Lowe’s 2002 departure from NBC’s “The West Wing” after four seasons over a salary dispute.
And Lowe may continue on ABC.
"We would like to keep Rob at ABC," the network’s entertainment president Steve McPherson said in a statement. "We feel he should be anchoring his own franchise. We are in talks now."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack