Rob Lowe exiting 'Brothers & Sisters'
Played Robert McCallister on ABC drama for four seasons
Rob Lowe is leaving another drama series after four seasons.
Lowe will depart ABC’s family drama "Brothers & Sisters," the network confirmed.
Lowe joined “Brothers & Sisters” shortly after the start of the series in the fall of 2006 as a recurring and was quickly promoted to regular, playing Sen. Robert McCallister.
While he has played a key role in several story lines on the show, mostly through his romantic relationship with Kitty (Calista Flockhart), McCallister has never risen to the level of prominence of the Walker family members, who are at the center of the show.
The exit, first reported on deadline.com, is not as dramatic as Lowe’s 2002 departure from NBC’s “The West Wing” after four seasons over a salary dispute.
And Lowe may continue on ABC.
"We would like to keep Rob at ABC," the network’s entertainment president Steve McPherson said in a statement. "We feel he should be anchoring his own franchise. We are in talks now."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!