Rob Lowe Not Replacing Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men,' Says Producer
The actor is under a "multiyear contract," says "Parks and Recreation" exec producer Michael Schur.
Parks and Recreation executive producer Michael Schur shot down the idea that Rob Lowe would be leaving the NBC comedy to replace Charlie Sheen on CBS' Two and a Half Men.
Lowe, who joined Parks this season, is one of several names -- including John Stamos -- that have surfaced as a possible replacement for Sheen, who was fired from Men on Monday.
At the Parks panel at PaleyFest Wednesday night, Schur was adamant that Lowe would not be leaving the show anytime soon, saying he has a "multiyear contract" to remain on the comedy.
"It's going to be hard," he joked when moderator Michael Ausiello made a quip about how Lowe could balance duties on both Parks and Men.
Schur added that "there's no truth" to the rumors. "The Internet lit a match and set itself on fire," he said.
Lowe himself wasn't present at the panel because he was "looking at colleges with" his kids, Schur said.
He'll now be replacing Scott Caan on CBS' Hawaii Five-0, Schur joked during the panel session.
Cast member Aubrey Plaza deadpanned that the former Men star should "sift through" Twitter for her because she was ready for any "f---ed up shit you want to get into." (At the end of the session, Plaza suggested to the delight of the audience that Sheen play the mayor of Pawnee.)
On Wednesday, Sheen said in a radio interview that he's been talking to Lowe and gave him his endorsement as a possible replacement.
"He's a buddy of mine, he's a beautiful man, a brilliant actor, and I hope he does it and kicks its ass because I still get [paid]," he said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack