Robbie Williams Estonia Concert to Go Live to Movie Theaters
The pop superstar's latest European tour show Take the Crown Stadium Tour will beam into theaters Aug. 20 from Tallinn in Estonia.
LONDON -- Fans of pop superstar Robbie Williams who couldn't land tickets for his U.K. gigs will be able to take in his latest show in movie theaters.
Williams' Aug. 20 show at Estonia’s 70,000-capacity Tallinn Song Festival Ground will be filmed and beamed live into select theaters across 27 territories, including U.K. cinemas from the British big three exhibition chains Odeon, Vue and Cineworld.
Williams debuted the first night of his Take the Crown Stadium Tour 2013 in Dublin on June 14 in front of 65,000 fans and has gone on to a U.K.-wide tour.
The Tallinn broadcast of the penultimate show of his first solo stadium tour in seven years aims to give fans a chance to catch the two-hour show that promises his biggest solo hits, such as “Bodies,” “Millennium,” “Let Me Entertain You” and “Angels.”
Take the Crown Live From Tallinn will have a live theatrical release across 27 territories with a further 18 airing in mid-September. This broadcast follows a number of successful live-to-cinema events in 2013, including the Metropolitan Opera, the British Museum’s Pompeii Live and the National Theater’s production of The Audience with Helen Mirren.
Theatrical distributor Omniverse Vision CEO Grant Calton said: "This is a hugely exciting event both for us and for the burgeoning event-cinema industry. We are delighted to be working with IE Music and look forward to delivering some stellar cinema attendances."
Omniverse Vision, set up in 2010, produces and distributes alternative content for cinemas globally via a network of more than 2,500 locations in more than 40 countries.
It distributed Led Zeppelin's historic concert in 2007 at London’s O2 arena around the world last year.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!