Robbie Williams weds U.S. actress
British singer married Ayda Field in L.A. over the weekend
LONDON -- British singer Robbie Williams has married U.S. actress Ayda Field, his spokesman said on Sunday.
The 36-year-old, who rose to fame with Take That before forging a successful solo career, tied the knot at his home in Los Angeles on Saturday, the spokesman said in a brief statement.
Williams met Field, 31, in 2006.
"At last, Rob is happy," his father Pete Conway told the News of the World tabloid.
"That's what you want for your kids and this is the happiest I've seen him. Ayda is so beautiful and so delightful and so lovely and just so right for him. They are brilliant together."
Take That announced in July that Williams had rejoined them to record their first album together since he walked out on the band 15 years earlier.
The group enjoyed number one hits around the world during a meteoric rise to fame in the early 1990s but Williams quit in 1995 before pursuing a solo career. The other four members of Take That split up the following year.
Williams became one of Europe's most successful entertainers selling some 57 million albums, and he has won more Brit awards -- Britain's top pop music gongs -- than any other artist.
Take That reformed without Williams in 2005 and have seen their popularity in Britain soar in recent years while Williams' solo career has faltered.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR