Robert De Niro to Host Star-Studded Obama Fundraiser in NYC (Exclusive)
The Academy Award-winning actor will join Michelle Obama at a $25,000-per-person reception in New York on March 19, THR has learned.
Robert De Niro has signed up to host a cocktail reception -- featuring first lady Michelle Obama -- to raise money for President Obama's re-election campaign, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The event, scheduled for March 19 at the Greenwich Hotel in New York, will be co-hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, Star Jones, Angela Bassett and Tina Knowles, among others. For $5,000, guests will get one ticket to the reception plus a photo with the first lady. For $25,000, guests will be allowed to attend a private "greet" session with Obama.
While keeping celebrities at arm's length for much of President Obama's first term, the administration is unabashedly embracing Hollywood's involvement these days, as witnessed at the State Dinner at the White House this week, where George Clooney was seated at the head table.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty