Robert DeNiro to Develop HBO Pic on Bernie Madoff
His Tribeca Productions partner Jane Rosethal will produce what is expected to be a starring vehicle for the actor.
Robert De Niro may be stepping into the stinky shoes worn by Bernie Madoff.
HBO has picked up the rights to The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust — Diane Henrique’s non-fiction book which hit shelves last month — about the financial wunderkind who bilked millions from unsuspecting investors.
De Niro and his Tribeca Productions partner Jane Rosethal will produce what is expected to be a starring vehicle for De Niro.
HBO has been in a ripped-from-the-headlines mood of late. Its movie on the 2008 financial crisis, Too Big To Fail, airs this month, and it is shooting Game Change, a film about the 2008 presidential election (starring Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin), from the team behind its Emmy-winning Recount.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR