Robert Downey Jr. Options Episode of U.K. Anthology Series 'Black Mirror'
Jesse Armstrong, who wrote the episode titles "The Entire History of You," will also write the feature script.
Warner Bros has picked up the rights to an episode of Channel 4's Black Mirror to translate into a sci-fi thriller that will be produced Robert Downey Jr. and his Team Downey banner.
The studio has acquired the rights to the episode The Entire History of You and will use the original episode's technology as a jumping off point for a feature adaptation.
The episode of the British anthology show centers on a man with an implant that allows him to record and re-watch all of his life experiences. He begins to suspect his wife is having an affair and obsessively tries to find evidence until the relationship falls apart.
For the film version, the story will be set in a near future where technology that allows users to re-experience past events, and follow a man who reconstructs his relationship to his dead wife - from her point of-view - and unknowingly uncovers a vast conspiracy. ·
Downey is not attached to star at this point.
The episode was written by Jesse Armstrong who will also write the feature script.
Jesse Ehrman and Andy Fischel are overseeing for Warners. David Gambino and Amanda Essick are overseeing for Team Downey.
Armstrong, repped by CAA, has worked on HBO's Veep and was a co-writer on the 2009 British movie In the Loop, which was Oscar-nominated for best adapted screenplay.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR