Robert Downey Jr.'s 'The Judge' Gets a Fall 2014 Release
The Warner Bros. dramedy, directed by David Dobkin, also stars Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga, Billy Bob Thornton, Vincent D'Onofrio and Leighton Meester.
Warner Bros. will open Robert Downey Jr. starrer The Judge on Oct. 10, 2014, the beginning of awards season.
Directed by David Dobkin, the dramedy stars Downey as a successful attorney who returns to his hometown for his mother's funeral to discover that his estranged father (Robert Duvall), the town's judge, is suspected of murder. The man sets out to discover the truth, and along the way, reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.
Vera Farmiga, the female lead, plays a waitress who has never left small-town life and has a history with Downey's character. The film also stars Billy Bob Thornton, Vincent D’Onofrio, Leighton Meester, Dax Shepard, Melissa Leo and Balthazar Getty.
The Judge is a co-production between Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures.
Also opening Oct. 10 are Disney's family film Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and Sony's Seth Rogen comedy The Interview.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR