Robert Duvall Honored With Palm Springs Film Fest's Career Award
The "Get Low" actor joins previously announced honorees Javier Bardem, Colin Firth, Jennifer Lawrence, Carey Mulligan and Natalie Portman.
Robert Duvall will be presented with a Career Achievement Award at the 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala, which will be held Jan. 8 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
Duvall, who is currently starring in Sony Pictures Classics’ Get Low, is a six-time Oscar nominee, who won the Academy Award for best actor for 1983’s Tender Mercies.
“For nearly 50 years, Robert Duvall has transfixed cinematic audiences with his gritty, intuitive performances,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In Get Low, his most recent role, Duvall portrays a backwoodsman who stages his own funeral while still alive. Duvall gives a virtuoso performance, challenging audiences to understand his character who is caught between myth and reality.”
Duvall joins previously announced honorees Javier Bardem, Colin Firth, Jennifer Lawrence, Carey Mulligan and Natalie Portman.
The festival runs Jan. 6-17.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama