Robert Duvall Honored With Palm Springs Film Fest's Career Award
The "Get Low" actor joins previously announced honorees Javier Bardem, Colin Firth, Jennifer Lawrence, Carey Mulligan and Natalie Portman.
Robert Duvall will be presented with a Career Achievement Award at the 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala, which will be held Jan. 8 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
Duvall, who is currently starring in Sony Pictures Classics’ Get Low, is a six-time Oscar nominee, who won the Academy Award for best actor for 1983’s Tender Mercies.
“For nearly 50 years, Robert Duvall has transfixed cinematic audiences with his gritty, intuitive performances,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In Get Low, his most recent role, Duvall portrays a backwoodsman who stages his own funeral while still alive. Duvall gives a virtuoso performance, challenging audiences to understand his character who is caught between myth and reality.”
Duvall joins previously announced honorees Javier Bardem, Colin Firth, Jennifer Lawrence, Carey Mulligan and Natalie Portman.
The festival runs Jan. 6-17.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR