'Twilight's' Robert Pattinson Charity Donation to Help Educate Teen Girls in Cambodia
The “Breaking Dawn” star will partner with the Go Campaign’s Go Go Gala again this year, offering bidders an early private screening of the film.
When Robert Pattinson isn’t busy making girls swoon he’s lending a hand to those in need.
The actor donated a meet and greet from the set of Breaking Dawn for a charity auction last year, and according to E!’s Marc Malkin, the $80,000 raised for the Go Campaign is being used to build a permanent home for PAGE (Program Advancing Girls Education) in Cambodia. The new structure will house 20 girls, as opposed to the current rented facility, which only accommodates 12. Additionally, PAGE has purchased a large piece of land to cultivate its own vegetable garden, which will feed the students.
Pattinson is partnering with the Go Campaign again this year, Malkin reports. He will reportedly donate a private screening of his upcoming film The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 to take place on Nov. 17 in Los Angeles. Guests will also nab a gift bag including signed posters, DVDs and a replica of Bella’s stunning engagement ring. The coveted package will be up for grabs during the Go Go Gala, hosted by Ewan McGregor on Nov. 10.
For those who can’t afford the high-profile auction, Breaking Dawn hits theaters nationwide on Friday, Nov. 18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram