Publicists Battle to Rep Robert Pattinson
After the cuckolded star told Jon Stewart his "biggest problem in life" was not hiring a publicist, firms including 42West and Sunshine Sachs came calling -- quickly.
This story first appeared in the Aug. 23-Sept. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
It was an innocent joke: "My biggest problem in life is, I'm cheap and I didn't hire a publicist," Robert Pattinson told Jon Stewart on Aug. 13 on The Daily Show while promoting Cosmopolis amid the Kristen Stewart cheating hoopla.
Sources tell THR the comment set off a mini-frenzy among top Hollywood publicity shops, many of which were salivating at the prospect that Pattinson -- who for years has gone without a personal PR rep -- might finally take one on.
The Twilight star's manager, Nick Frenkel, is said to have been inundated with phone calls and e-mails from firms including 42West, Sunshine Sachs and others seeking meetings to pitch press strategies for the 26-year-old star (and offering to slash fees).
Frenkel declines comment, but one source says Pattinson still has no desire to add a publicist to his team. Notes one veteran rep, "He's actually doing really well on his own."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR