Robert Pattinson 'Too Old' to Continue With 'Twilight' Franchise
While promoting his Berlin film “Bel Ami,” the Brit told reporters that he would not likely reprise the role of Edward Cullen in a potential continuation of the series.
Lionsgate may be interested in continuing their blockbuster Twilight franchise, but one of their key actors may not be on board.
Studio co-chair Rob Friedman recently went on the record stating that should author Stephenie Meyer pen a fifth installment in her bestselling book series, Lionsgate would “be there to support her” with another film adaptation. For her part, Meyer replied that she was “not going to say no,” but has not technically said “yes,” either.
Robert Pattinson, the actor behind the eternally youthful Edward Cullen, told reporters in Berlin that he would not necessarily be interested in continuing the role.
"I'd be curious what Stephenie would write, but I just think I'd probably be too old," the 25-year-old said. "I'm already too old. But yeah, it'd be kind of interesting."
Pattinson has already finished filming the final film in the saga -- at least for now -- which is due out Nov. 16. He is currently in Berlin for the premiere of his most recent project, Bel Ami, co-starring Christina Ricci, Kristin Scott Thomas and Uma Thurman.
The Hollywood Reporter film critic David Rooney wrote of Pattinson’s performance: “There are countless brooding shots of Robert Pattinson in Bel Ami, occasionally of him shirtless and invariably drenched in overwrought music. That might titillate the swooning legions of Team Edward Twilight fans, but for the grown-ups, there’s not much here to bite into.”
In the Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod-directed project, based on Guy de Maupassant’s 1885 novel, Pattinson plays a young social climber who uses the power of seduction to navigate his way through society.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!