Magnolia to Open New Robert Pattinson Movie 'Bel Ami' on June 8.
The film stars the "Twilight" actor as a seductive social-climber in 19th century Paris.
Magnolia Pictures has picked up rights to Robert Pattinson’s newest movie Bel Ami, which it will release theatrically in the U.S. on June 8.
The film, which had its world premiere at last month’s Berlin International Film Festival, stars Pattinson as a seductive social-climber in 19th century Paris. Based on the novel by Guy de Maupassant, it also stars Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci and Colm Meany.
The June release date means that Pattinson fans will have something new to look forward to while waiting for the release of his final Twilight movie, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which will be released Nov. 16.
“Bel Ami is a well-crafted, appealing film with a terrific ensemble cast,” Eamonn Bowles, president of Magnolia, the film division of the Wagner/Cuban Company, said. “We think it’s a great fit for our Ultra VOD program.”
Directed by Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod, the film was written by Rachel Bennette and produced by Uberto Pasolini. Simon Fuller of XIX Entertainment served as executive producer.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will handle all other U.S. media.
The deal was negotiated for Magnolia by SVP of acquisitions Dori Begley and head of business Affairs Chris Matson with SPWA’s EVP of business affairs Michael Helfand and VP acquisitions and distribution Tana Evans.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack