Robin Gibb Undergoes More Sugery, Cancels Scheduled Commitments
The former Bee Gees member had "further intestinal surgery" and several "existing commitments" have been canceled.
Former Bee Gees member Robin Gibb has undergone more surgery, forcing him to cancel several scheduled commitments.
This comes after the singer said in February that he was having a "spectacular" recovery from his cancer diagnosis, Reuters reports. Gibb, 62, has canceled several upcoming appearances because of the surgery.
"On Sunday 25 March, Robin Gibb underwent further intestinal surgery," a statement read. "He is currently recovering in hospital and therefore, for the time-being, all existing commitments prior to the Titanic Requiem concert, have had to be cancelled."
The Titanic Requiem is a work that he and son Robin-John wrote and will be released in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. The premiere of Titanic Requiem is scheduled for April 10 in London.
Earlier this year, Gibb said, "I feel better than I did 10 years ago."
"The fact is, I've never spoken to anybody about my condition," Gibb said in an interview in February. "A lot of [claims] go over the top to the point where they're telling me things I didn't even know about myself … I was diagnosed with a growth in my colon. It was removed. And I've been treated for that by a brilliant doctor, and in their own words 'the results have been spectacular.' "
In late November of last year, Gibb was rushed to a U.K. hospital after having been diagnosed with liver cancer months earlier.
"I wish to thank my family, friends and fans and the many thousands of people who do not know me but have enjoyed Bee Gees music and have wished me well," Gibb wrote on his official website following his hospitalization last year. "I am very touched by your love, kindness and support. This concern from people all over the world has demonstrated the depth of feeling and love that the Bee Gees have achieved over the years."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR