Screenwriter Robin Swicord Joins Academy's Board of Governors
She will fill a seat, representing the writers branch, left open by the death of Frank Pierson in July.
Robin Swicord has been elected to the board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, where she will represent the writers branch. She will fill a seat left open by the death of Frank Pierson in July.
She will join Bill Condon and Phil Robinson, who also represent the writers branch on the board. Under the Academy's bylaws, she will remain on the board until the next regularly scheduled election in June, 2013.
Swicord earned an Academy Award nomination for best adapted screenplay for 2008's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Her credits also include Memoirs of a Geisha, Matilda, Little Women and The Jane Austen Book Club, which she also directed.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead