Robin Williams Appears in ‘Zelda’ Commercial
The actor, who named his daughter Zelda, narrates and stars in a new spot for Nintendo.
Robin Williams plays the role of real life dad in a clever new commercial for forthcoming video game title Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
Williams, who actually named his daughter Zelda in real life, says in the just-released spot: “Hard to say you’re both pretty magical,” when asked by his daughter, Zelda Rae Williams (also an actress), if he was mixing her up with the video game character.
The Japanese creator of the game, Shigeru Miyamoto once said he named Princess Zelda in the title after Zelda Fitzgerald, the wife of famed novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald (though Williams says she was not named after Fitzgerald's wife, but rather, the video game princess in this additional video interview Nintendo released today).
Watch the short commercial by Nintendo below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game