'RoboCop' to Get Imax Release
The updated version of the 1987 sci-fi classic is set to be released in the giant screen exhibitor's theaters worldwide in February 2014.
TORONTO – Imax is set to digitally supersize Jose Padilha's Robocop for release in its theaters worldwide from Feb. 7, 2014.
The latest addition to the giant screen exhibitor's 2014 release slate comes as part of a deal for the updated version of the 1987 sci-fi classic with MGM and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
RoboCop stars Joel Kinnaman as the cyborg police officer along with Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Samuel L. Jackson.
"Jose Padilha has reimagined this story in an exciting new way, and we're thrilled to partner with MGM and Sony to bring it to audiences worldwide in the most immersive format, Imax," said Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and senior executive vp of Imax, in a statement Thursday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR