'Rock of Ages' Set For IMAX Run (Video)
Director Adam Shankman insists that audiences will have "nothin' but a good time" watching his adaptation of the stage musical on the big screen.
IMAX has even bigger plans for Rock of Ages than its translation from the stage to the silver screen. The large-format exhibition company announced Tuesday that Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the acclaimed musical will enjoy a run in IMAX theaters starting on June 15.
Accompanied by a video introduction from Rock of Ages director Adam Shankman, IMAX’s announcement revealed that the film was not shot in IMAX, but it was digitally re-mastered to meet the image and sound quality standards of the IMAX Experience. According to the announcement, “the crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.”
Watch Shankman’s introduction above, which references a few of the classic rock songs performed in the film, and ends with a listing of theaters where Rock of Ages will be shown in the IMAX format. For more information about IMAX locations, viewers can check IMAX's website.
Rock of Ages opens nationwide June 15.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR