'Rock of Ages' Inspires Jet Blue and Night Ranger to Partner for 1-Day Sale: 80s Prices on Select Flights
The "What's Your Price For Flight" promotion, referencing a lyric from the band's power ballad smash "Sister Christian," offers airfare out of Long Beach, Calif. for as little as $40.
Campy 80s musical Rock of Ages inspired budget airline Jet Blue to partner with the band Night Ranger, who saw some of their biggest hits circa 1983 and 1984, for a one-day sale that promised to roll back fares to what they would gave cost three decades ago.
The “What’s Your Price For Flight” sale, referencing a line from the band's power ballad smash "Sister Christian," took place on June 15, the same day the film opened nationwide. The promotion only covers routes on the west coast, however. Flights originating in Long Beach and bound for Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramento or Las Vegas were offered for as little as $40, while Seattle and Portland cost passengers $30 more.
To launch the sale, the airline hosted a special performance by Night Ranger on June 14 at Long Beach Airport's first-ever live concert. the band played a 30-minute acoustic set that included all the classics -- “Sister Christian” among them, naturally.
Like the New Line movie starring Julianne Hough, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand and Catherine Zeta Jones, fans also paid homage to the decade that just won't die by coming decked out in their own 80s apparel. The airline turned it into a costume contest, awarding several attendees with travel certificates and one with a vacation package.
See photos from the event at Jet Blue's blog.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10