'Rock of Ages' Trailer: Alec Baldwin Dons Long Hair, Tom Cruise Goes Shirtless, and Catherine Zeta-Jones Decries 'Sex' (Video)
The musical movie, which stars Julianne Hough as a small-town girl and Diego Boneta as a city boy who meet while pursuing their Hollywood dreams, opens June 1.
Warner Bros. released the first trailer for its movie musical Rock of Ages on Tuesday.
The 1980s-set movie, directed by Hairspray helmer Adam Shankman, is an adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl (Julianne Hough) and city boy (Diego Boneta) who meet while both are pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and rock star, respectively, in Hollywood.
The clip showcases many of the A-list castmembers, including a long-haired, shirtless Tom Cruise as a rock star who gets asked to sign a fan's chest, Alec Baldwin (also donning long hair) as a club owner and Catherine Zeta-Jones as a woman who wants to shut down the club because it's nothing but a place for "sex."
It also features a slew of '80s hits, including Night Ranger's "Sister Christian," Journey's "Any Way You Want It" and a mash-up of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" and Starship's "We Built This City."
Watch the trailer below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'