Rock From Stage to Screen
6:00 AM PST 12/13/2011 by Shirley Halperin
Trent Reznor is among a growing number of rock and electronic artists to successfully transition from records to the movies, be it scoring instrumental pieces, writing original songs or curating soundtracks.
Air: The French duo brought their brand of electronica to American movie screens when they scored the 2000 indie hit The Virgin Suicides, starring Kirsten Dunst and Josh Hartnett and directed by Sofia Coppola.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR