Chinese Singing Competition Winner Working With Hitmakers The Matrix on Debut Album
More than 10 million viewers cast their votes for Uta, who is planning to release her first single in both English and Mandarin later this year.
Chinese singer Uta, winner of China's top-rated singing competition RockTheWeb!, is working with several L.A.-based producers, including hitmakers The Matrix, on her debut album.
RockTheWeb!, a first-of-its-kind TV/online series in China, was filmed in Las Vegas and Beijing over the summer. More than 10 million viewers cast their votes to deem Uta, a classically trained songstress from Guangzhou, the winner of the six-month-long competition.
As part of her prize, Uta inked a recording deal with RockTheWeb! and was invited to Los Angeles to work with vocal coach Seth Riggs, who has worked with Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and Madonna. Riggs is mentoring Uta as she prepares for her first English-language recordings.
While in L.A., she is also working with producers Scott Spock, Graham Edwards and Lauren Christy of The Matrix, who have produced hits for Avril Lavigne, Shakira, Jason Mraz, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and Ricky Martin.
For Uta, The Matrix is producing a song titled “Original Painting" that is targeted for release later this year in both English and Mandarin.
RockTheWeb! China is currently developing season two and plans to expand in future years to Japan, Korea, Brazil, India, Europe and the United States.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!