Rocky Mountain Picks Up '5th Quarter'
Rocky Mountain Pictures has picked up distribution rights to the family drama The 5th Quarter, from writer-director Rick Bieber. The company plans a theatrical release in March, followed by DVD and on-demand exhibition through Fox Home Entertainment.
Aidan Quinn and Andie MacDowell star in the real-life-based story of a college football player who dedicates his coming season to the memory of his 15-year-old younger brother, who was killed in a car accident.In the process, he leads his underdog team to the ACC Championship and rallies his school and family.
"I am very appreciative of the support that Fox has given The 5th Quarter, and am confident that the collaboration of Fox and Rocky Mountain Pictures will be a successful one," said Bieber. "There are some very important messages expressed by this film, and we're grateful and thrilled that audiences will have the opportunity to see it."
Bieber produced the film through his Angel City Pictures, in association with McCreary Entertainment. Jay Cohen of the Gersh Agency negotiated the deal on behalf of Bieber and executive producer Bob J. McCreary.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR