Rod Lurie to Direct 'Borderline' Thriller (Exclusive)
Voltage Productions' Nicolas Chartier and Craig Flores will produce the hostage tale with Jamie Patricof.
Rod Lurie has been set to direct Borderline, a Justin Marks-written thriller being produced by Voltage Productions.
The story is a two-hander, centering on a family taken hostage by fugitives. A father with everything on the line engages in a battle of wits with a criminal with nothing to lose in order to save his wife and daughter.
The producing pedigree behind the project is impressive. Blue Valentine producer Jamie Patricof of Hunting Lane Films developed the script with Marks and then brought it to Voltage, the company behind The Hurt Locker. Voltage’s Nicolas Chartier and Craig Flores will produce along with Patricof and finance the picture.
Lurie intends to make a movie that evokes the stories of the amoral and on-the-run such as Hud, The Sugarland Express and The Getaway.
Lurie and the producers are out to actors for the two leads.
Marks, Adam Kolbrenner and Zev Foreman are exec producing.
Lurie, repped by WME and attorney Peter Nelson, has always tackled projects intended to provoke thinking, with credits ranging from The Contender to the upcoming remake of Straw Dogs.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR