Rod Stewart Plots Return to the Las Vegas Strip
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer sets nine new dates in his residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
Days before Rod Stewart makes a second trip into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he said Monday that he’ll also be returning to the Las Vegas Strip.
The former Faces singer has booked nine nights at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace from Sept. 19-Oct. 7. The latest run for the show billed as Rod Stewart: The Hits coincides with the scheduled October release of his Random House autobiography.
Stewart in May announced a two-year residency at the 4,300-seat Colosseum, which also hosts Celine Dion and Elton John. The 67-year-old Londoner did a two-week trial run in November 2010 that led to his announcement of the running gig six months later. The first block of 18 concerts of his official residency at Caesars began Aug. 24.
The Strip show is chock-full of hits from Stewart’s long career but is light on his more recent mega-selling Great American Songbook material. He played a single track from those five albums on opening night in 2010 but none during the first residency show in August -- relying more on his love for American soul than American standards. Still, The Hits show is very Vegas, employing a six-piece band augmented by a clutch of singer-dancers and a brass section, with as many as 14 people onstage at any given time.
Stewart has had 14 Top 10 hits in the U.S., including four No. 1s (the most recent shared with Bryan Adams and Sting) and 18 platinum albums. He’s about to join the Rock Hall as a member of The Faces, whose alumni including precursor The Small Faces boasts Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and the late Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane. Steven Van Zandt will induct the groups April 14 in Cleveland. Stewart joined the Hall as a solo artist in 1994.
The Colosseum dates are Sept. 19, 22, 23, 26, 29 and 30 and Oct. 3, 6 and 7. Tickets ranging from $49 to $250 go on sale at 10 a.m. April 13. VIP packages also will be available.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead