Rod Stewart to Pen Revealing Memoir for Random House
“Forget skeletons in the closet; this one’s going to be socks and knickers under the bed,” the musician says.
Hot on the heels of Steven Tyler and Keith Richards' bestselling memoirs, rocker Rod Stewart has inked a deal with Random House to put his own story down in words.
The as-of-yet untitled book will be released in October 2012, with Stewart promising to reveal all.
“I thought long and hard before committing to write my book. It is a funny old thing telling my life story but I truly intend to hold nothing back,” he said in a statement. “I’ve had quite a life, known some extraordinary people and had some amazing experiences. I’ve waited all this time, until my 50th year in the business and realize I can no longer put it off.”
“Forget skeletons in the closet; this one’s going to be socks and knickers under the bed,” he added.
Stewart has lived nothing short of a colorful life, from his London childhood to his rise to international fame in the ‘70s. The “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy” singer has romanced a slew of beautiful women, including marriages to models Alana Hamilton, Rachel Hunter and Penny Lancaster, and has seven children.
Stewart was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2000, for which he underwent surgery and recovered. He is an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a Commander of the Order of the British Empire, and has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR