Rodney King joining 'Celebrity Rehab'
New season will premiere in October
Rodney King will appear in the next installment of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew."
The show features famous people dealing with drug and alcohol problems aided by celebrity addiction specialist Drew Pinsky.
King, whose 1991 beating by Los Angeles police led to deadly rioting the next year, prompting him to make a famously earnest plea for peace, will appear with actor Jeff Conaway, former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler, Rod Stewart's son Sean and actress Tawny Kitaen.
The new season is slated to premiere in October, the network said Tuesday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR