Rodrigo Santoro Joins 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' as Jennifer Lopez's Husband (Exclusive)
The actor is the latest addition to an expanding cast that includes Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Anna Kendrick and Brooklyn Decker.
Rodrigo Santoro will play Jennifer Lopez’s husband in What do Expect When You’re Expecting, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the best-selling pregnancy guidebook.
Santoro joins an expanding cast that includes Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Anna Kendrick and Brooklyn Decker. The pic tracks several couples who suffer the joys and pains of the childbirth process.
While the movie has been lining up its females, the males have been slower in boarding. Chris Rock is in negotiations to join the cast, as is Glee star Matthew Morrison.
Santoro will play a Lopez’s music business hubby, who isn’t quite ready to have a child but goes along with his wife’s plan to adopt.
Expecting, being directed by Kirk Jones, is eying a production start in Atlanta later this summer.
Santoro, repped by ICM, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Ken McReddie Associates, recently completed the HBO drama Hemingway and Gelhorn opposite Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman. The actor, whose credits include I Love You Phillip Morris and 300, was part of the voice cast in Fox’s animated hit Rio.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR