Roger Ebert Announces 24-Year-Old Blogger as Co-Host of New Show
Chicago-based film critic Ignatiy Vishnevetsky replaces Elvis Mitchell.
Ignatiy Vishnevetsky will co-host Roger Ebert's new show, Ebert Presents At the Movies.
The 24-year-old Chicago-based film critic replaces Elvis Mitchell, the show announced Tuesday, without explaining why Mitchell would no longer appear.
Vishnevetsky blogs for film website Mubi and writes for the Chicago Reader. He joins co-host Christy Lemire, 38, a film critic for the Associated Press.
Ebert, who lost his ability to speak after cancer surgeries, will appear in a segment on the weekly show in which he communicates with a computer-generated voice.
He will co-produce the series from Chicago with his wife, Chaz Ebert.
It premieres Jan. 21 on WTTW, where Gene Siskel and Ebert began taping Sneak Previews some 35 years ago.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR