Roger Ebert Regains Ability to 'Speak' Thanks to His Computer (Video)
3:27 PM PDT 4/17/2011 by THR staff
The movie critic demonstrates his new method of communicating following "surgeries for cancer [that] took away my ability to speak, eat or drink."
A few years ago, movie critic Roger Ebert was diagnosed with salivary (gland) cancer and underwent a series of surgeries that left him unable to speak.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile