Roger Pollock Joins Imax as Head of International Film Marketing
The former Paramount Pictures International exec will oversee the promotion of digitally remastered movie releases worldwide.
TORONTO – Former Paramount Pictures International exec Roger Pollock has joined giant screen exhibitor Imax Corp. as head of international film marketing.
Pollock fills the newly created role, based in Santa Monica, as Imax continues to drive into new and emerging markets, including China and Russia.
Pollock will oversee the international marketing strategy, especially around digitally remastered releases of Hollywood pictures from the Imax slate.
Before serving as executive vp of international distribution and operations at the London-based Paramount Pictures International, Pollock was senior vp and head of EMEA for United International Pictures.
“Roger is a pro in every sense -- he’s smart, talented, organized and creative,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement on May 16.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"