Roger Pollock Joins Imax as Head of International Film Marketing
The former Paramount Pictures International exec will oversee the promotion of digitally remastered movie releases worldwide.
TORONTO – Former Paramount Pictures International exec Roger Pollock has joined giant screen exhibitor Imax Corp. as head of international film marketing.
Pollock fills the newly created role, based in Santa Monica, as Imax continues to drive into new and emerging markets, including China and Russia.
Pollock will oversee the international marketing strategy, especially around digitally remastered releases of Hollywood pictures from the Imax slate.
Before serving as executive vp of international distribution and operations at the London-based Paramount Pictures International, Pollock was senior vp and head of EMEA for United International Pictures.
“Roger is a pro in every sense -- he’s smart, talented, organized and creative,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement on May 16.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR