'Roger Rabbit' Director and Stars to Reunite for Film Academy in Beverly Hills
Robert Zemeckis’ film is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will present a new digital restoration of Who Framed Roger Rabbit in celebration of the film’s 25th anniversary, April 4 at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
The evening will also feature a discussion with director Robert Zemeckis and members of the cast and crew, including actress Joanna Cassidy, voice actor Charles Fleischer, supervising animator Andreas Deja, screenwriter Peter S. Seaman and associate producers Don Hahn and Steve Starkey. Director Rich Moore, who received an Oscar nomination this year for Wreck-It Ralph, will moderate the discussion.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit—which blended live-action filmmaking and classic animation—received Oscars for film editing, sound effects editing and visual effects, and a Special Achievement Award for Richard Williams’ animation direction. It also was nominated for art direction, cinematography and sound.
Courtesy of Walt Disney Studios, the digital restoration was created using the original 35mm picture, VistaVision optical work and original sound elements.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR